Getting the most from your timeshare
We are working on a number of initiatives to maximise the value you obtain and can retain through your timeshare or points ownership. Sign-up as a Founder Member of the Alliance (free in our launch phase) to ensure you always receive our latest information and special offers via our monthly email newsletters. We will be regularly adding new content to this website and working to increase your enjoyment, and lower the cost of, timeshare ownership.
At launch (April 2018), we decided to address one of the key issues for older timeshare owners; the inability to visit your property whilst still having to pay annual maintenance fees. So we have decided to highlight a little-known insurance scheme and negotiated a discount on the premium – but only for registered Alliance Members. See below to find out more.
Refunds on your Timeshare Annual Management Fees & Purchase Price – if you are unable to travel
As we get older, travelling can become more difficult and this can deter or even prevent us from visiting our favourites places. Booking ahead, making travel arrangements and committing to use your timeshare can therefore all be a challenge if you think you might lose-out to a medical or other issue. Annual Timeshare management fees still need to be paid, whether you use your property or not, but what if these could be refunded to you if you were unable to travel?
AIPO has negotiated an exclusive offer with Leisure Guard Insurance to protect timeshare owners in just such circumstances, with a 20% discount offer on their travel insurance premium. The scheme comes with the following benefits:
- Cancellation costs 12% of the original purchase price of your timeshare. Management fees refunded at a pro-rata proportion dependent on the amount of weeks/points lost as well as exchange fees fully refunded should you have exchanged from your home resort.
- Curtailment costs Up to 12% of the original purchase price of your timeshare. Management fees refunded at a pro-rata proportion dependent on the amount of weeks/points lost as well as exchange fees fully refunded should you have exchanged from your home resort.
- Terms and conditions apply, policy is generally available if you live in the UK and you are under 79 years of age
- The timeshare insurance is linked to the Leisure Guard Travel Insurance, the premiums are typically:
- Single trip: starts at £18.55 for 7 days (less the AIPO 20% discount) and includes Timeshare insurance, based on a traveller 65 – 75 years of age.
- Multi-trip: starts at £78.55 (less the AIPO 20% discount) and includes Timeshare insurance, based on a traveller 65 – 75 years of age.
- You will need to register as a Founder Member of the AIPO to receive your 20% discount code by return email
- www.leisureguardtravelinsurance.com for more information on all policies
- AIPO is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and so does not give financial advice.
- Leisure Guard Travel is a trading style of Business Brokers Limited. Business Brokers Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), under FCA number 305594.